Sometimes a menu item takes you right back to an amazing memory. Steak Thai Noodle Salad is exactly one of those items. A few years ago I went to Arizona for a girls’ weekend and it was glorious. There is something about getting away with friends that truly renews my soul. In fact, I haven’t had one in a while so I should probably plan one haha. I feel like now that my kids are so busy it’s harder for me to escape. But that isn’t a good excuse because a weekend away helps me to rejuvenate and then I can be a better mom and wife.
Well on this trip with some lovely friends we went to a restaurant Hillstone and it had the most glorious salad ever. There are a couple things on a menu that I will order automatically. One is Snapper (ooh I love it so) and Thai Salad. I love love love a Steak Thai Noodle Salad. So when I say Thai Noodle and Steak Salad I knew exactly what I would order. HOLY MOLY! This was the best salad I’ve ever had…like ever. It’s amazing. There are multiple locations so if you ever come across one I highly recommend stopping in and trying it out.
When I got home I couldn’t stop thinking about this incredible salad and I started to look for copy cat recipes. Guess what? I found one. And I have altered it to make it my own. Basically I made it easier. The first time I made it was WAY TOO MUCH WORK. I needed to make it easier. I will say this salad has so many ingredients but it’s worth it. I also think you can alter it, just as I did. The important parts are the marinade and the dressing. I double the recipe and save it for later.
When I double the recipe I just put them in pint jars and save them in the fridge. I also have a friend who loves thai salads too so I made her the sauces so she could enjoy without the work. So now go right ahead and check out the recipe and enjoy the heck out of it.
Ingredients: Serves 4
Ingredients for Steak Marinade
Ingredients for Salad Dressing
Ingredients for Salad
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients (except steak). Whisk ingredients until everything is dissolved
- Add the marinade to a zipper bag and add in the steaks.
- Turn steaks over until they are well coated and place in refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
- If you have a charcoal grill this adds a char tasted to the steak that is delicious. Cook steak to your preference. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- You can make the day ahead of time and serve cold. Or you can make it right before serving.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients and whisk until all ingredients are dissolved.
- You can make this a day ahead of time and refrigerate.
- Make sure to shake up before putting it on the salad.
- I like to store the dressing in pint mason jars.
- Cook noodles until al dente.
- When finished drain and sprinkle with sesame oil so they don’t stick together.
- In a large salad bowl, add romaine, arugula, cabbage and mix
- Add carrots, peppers, basil, and mint and toss together.
- Toss in noodles and put on desired dressing. (You do not need to use all the dressing)
- Top with avocado, mango, and tomatoes
- Lay steak on top and serve
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top and ENJOY!