~links are affiliate links and commissions can be made at no additional cost to the buyer~
One thing is certain, I am cooking WAY more while on this quarantine for Coronavirus. Most days I am having my kids help me with the cooking. I call it Science and Lifeskills! Bubba, my oldest, is obsessed with yogurt. Seriously the kid eats more yogurt than anyone I know. He asked me the other day for granola. Lately, I have been getting my yogurt from a gal I workout with but because of Coronavirus that has been put on hold. So I began searching for recipes. I came across one that seemed pretty easy and I had everything in the cupboards so…we were off to make granola.
Then you bake. It’s so darn easy! I had everything in my house and my kids are devouring it! Win-Win!
Once it’s baked you wait until it cools completely. Break it apart and I like to store it in jars. It looks nice and it stores perfectly!
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line cookie sheet with Silpat or Parchment paper.
- Spread out oats and sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix together oil, vanilla, and honey.
- Pour oil mixture over oats and stir until coated. I like to use my hands for an even coat.
- Pat down oats to have an even layer on the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Granola is done when it is golden brown.
- Let cool completely and then break up and store in an air tight container.