Soup is a favorite of mine. Now that the weather is cooling off I’m really getting back into my soup recipes. I also love to try new recipes and adapt them as my own. I came across a Moroccan Cauliflower Almond Soup and was totally blown away. Of course, I manipulated the recipe to add more flavor but knew I had to share it!
I’m trying to get more veggies into my body. I’m not a fruit eater so veggies are a must. When I came across a couple recipes I found online I made my own Moroccan Cauliflower Almond Soup with ingredients I had on hand. It turned out beautifully and was delicious. I added quite a bit of spice but you can tame it down if you don’t like spicy foods.
This is not a cream based soup so don’t expect a cheesy cauliflower soup. This is low calorie, low carb but full of flavor and is filling and satisfying. Also vegan. It’s super easy and delicious!
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil..
- Add chopped cauliflower, sliced almonds and olive oil
- Mix all the spices together and add them to the broth.
- Simmer until cauliflower is tender. (You can also put everything in a crockpot and cook for 4 hours..
- Once cauliflower is tender remove half of the cauliflower and blend the rest of the soup with a blender or immersion blender.
- Add the cauliflower back into the soup. Serve with sliced almonds
I was so surprised how much flavor this Moroccan Cauliflower Almond Soup had. It was unique and satisfying. You could add tofu if you want more protein.
Links are affiliate links. Small commissions can be made at no expense to the buyer.