Who doesn’t like tacos and who doesn’t like soup?! Well those who like both are sure to love this soup! It’s a healthy, low carb, and low calorie soup. Even better…its super easy! The hardest thing you have to do is brown the beef. The rest is dumped in the crockpot. Set it and forget it!
My husband and I are trying to cut out more carbs and eat healthier. I will say my husband is not a huge of soup for dinner. He doesn’t think it’s filling enough. He said he was full after he ate this soup.
If you plan to not eat it all at one time I would not add the cauliflower to all of it. I think cauliflower can sometimes get, for lack of a better word, yucky in leftovers.
- Insert Crockpot Liner to help with clean up at the end.
- Brown ground beef and drain the fat.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth, 4 oz light cream cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and chopped green chilis to crockpot.
- Add ground beef, 1 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning, and 1 tbsp dry ranch seasoning.
- Stir all the contents together and set crockpot to low for 5 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.
- For the last 1/2 hour add in frozen riced cauliflower and stir well.
- Before serving add a tbsp of plain greek yogurt or light sour cream and a tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese.
Binks and I love love love soup! We have created a post that has our other 6 soup recipes that are absolutely delicious! Go check them out here! We escpecially love healthy soups that we can freeze. All of our recipes can be frozen. I love to freeze my soups in quart jars and use a canning funnel to help me do this mess free. I can’t recommend it enough.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 261
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8.3g13%
- Saturated Fat 3.6g18%
- Cholesterol 83mg28%
- Sodium 1203mg51%
- Potassium 618mg18%
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2g3%
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g7%
- Sugars 3.2g
- Protein 35.3g71%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.