Healthy Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
This Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese is light, fresh and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! Add the protein of your choice (tofu and chicken would mix well). It’s also a great side dish to bring to your next barbecue or picnic!
I add tons of veggies and some noodles. More veggies=healthier. If you like goat cheese you are going to love this recipe. Goat cheese is a distinct taste and my husband and I love it.
We invited some friends out on the boat and we find that making a salad of some sort is a great thing to satisfy us and keep us on tract with our healthy eating. I like to make a huge batch and then share the love. This salad is just that! It’s also super easy and can be made ahead of time. This salad was very filling and extra satisfying. It is definitely something that will be on rotation in my house. This could easily be a vegetarian recipe, but my husband insists on meat. I got a rotisserie chicken, which I love to use, extra flavor and so easy. It made a ton of food so we ate it on the boat but then had quite a bit leftover which we used for lunch!
- 1 lb dried pasta-doesn’t matter what shape so pick your favorite
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced or 6 tbsp of refrigerated lemon juice
- 2 tsp BB’s homemade seasoning-equal parts dried garlic, dried onion, and sea salt
- 1 small cucumber sliced and cut into fourths
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1/2 bag of sliced brussel sprouts
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 tomato diced or 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 chicken breast cooked and cut (I used rotisserie chicken because it’s full of flavor and easy)
- 5 tbsp fresh basil cut into strips
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- Cook noodles to al dente, this helps avoid soggy noodles after it marinates.
- While noodles are cooking get veggies cut and ready. Any veggies will taste great in here so add what you want!!
- Drain noodles and add goat cheese, olive oil, and garlic while noodles are hot. Mix all together and let the noodles cool down before adding veggies.
- When noodles are cooled add veggies, lemon juice, BB’s seasoning and mix together.
- Stir in chicken. This is optional of course. You could easily not have chicken or you could add tofu. I used rotisserie chicken because it’s full flavor and so easy. I love using rotisserie chicken!
- Top with feta cheese and basil.
- Refrigerate. It can be made ahead of time!
- Don’t forget to eat and enjoy!
~links are affiliate links and small commissions can be made at no expense to the buyer