Getting out of a slump. By Binks
on Leave a Commenton Getting out of a slump. By Binks
It’s winter and hibernation feels natural to me. Even though the sun is out, all I feel like doing to cuddling up with my blanket and reading all day. What do I do to get myself out of this slump? Here are a few tips. I’d like to hear yours as well.
- If watching TV, get up during the commercials and tidy up. I learned this from my mom. Alternatively, set a number (I use 50) and pick up, organize or sort 50 things.
- Open all your shades and try to sit by the window and look outside. Remind yourself there is a world outside of your home.
- Hydrate. It’s easy to feel fatigued when you aren’t well hydrated. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces a day. We sometimes forget how important this is in the winter. The dry climate can be super dehydrating.
- Tackle some of your least preferred tasks in the morning so they are not hanging over your head all day.
- Stretch to get your blood and energy flowing.
- FILL IN THE BLANK__________________. What do you do to get yourself out of a slump?