Want a bagel without all the carbs? Several of my family members that follow the Keto diet completely and have never felt better. I love what I’m seeing and felt I should give some recipes a try. Coming up with this Low Carb, Keto Bagel with Everything Spice was super fun and IT IS DELICIOUS.
Get all the ingredients out and ready to combine. Mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, almond flour, baking powder, egg, and seasoning. I used my Penzey’s spice mixture recipe found here and Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel sesame seasoning blend. This stuff is AWESOME!
You will take the mozzarella and cream cheese and start melting it in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. I do 30 seconds at a time. Stir in between until it’s all melted then add egg.
Stir together with the Almond flour mixture until well combined. I use my hands to kneed it a bit to make sure it was all combined
Break dough into four balls and start rolling out and forming bagel shape. Once all completed you brush olive oil on with a silicone brush and sprinkle with any seasoning you want. I love the Everything But seasoning.
Then you bake for about 20 minutes. The beautiful thing is that these are good for a couple days! I just warm them or toast them just like a would with any bagel. They make a perfect breakfast sandwich or just some bread with a yummy salad. If you make this recipe you definitely won’t miss bread with these around if your eating a low carb diet!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and begin heating 30 seconds until all melted and mixed together.
- Mix almond flour, baking soda and Penzey’s spice mixture until well combined.
- When cheese is all melted mix in the egg and then mix in the almond flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Knead until mixture is all together.
- Divide dough into four balls. Roll out into about 6 inch strips and make bagel shape and set on greased cooking sheet. Brush olive oil on with silicone brush and sprinkle with desired Everything But seasoning.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. I would start checking on the bagels at around 15 minutes just because ovens vary. Then enjoy!!
- If bagels are not eaten all right away, cool them, then store in sealable bag with a paper towel to absorb any moisture. Reheat in microwave or toaster.
Did you know you can also make these bagels in the AirFryer? They come out tasting spectacular and looking gorgeous. You can not go wrong with these delicious Keto bagels. Top with your favorite toppings and simply enjoy!
~links are affiliate links and small commissions can be made at no expense to the buyer~