My kids are snacking and I wanted to give them something homemade and delicious. These are a huge hit! I used what I had in my house. I found a recipe and just modified it with what I had and oh boy these are good. I love recipes that are pretty basic and then I can use what I have to jazz them up! Especially during this time of quarantine where just running to the store doesn’t exist.
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter, you could use crunchy if you want peanut chunks
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tbsp Hemp Hearts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips-I had s’mores chips so I used these…yummy
- 1 cup mini M&M’s
- Combine oats, Rice Krispies, Hemp Hearts, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix together.
- In a microwavable bowl melt peanut butter for 30-60 seconds until it’s well melted.
- Add maple syrup or honey and vanilla to peanut butter and mix well.
- Mix peanut butter mixture into oats mixture.
- Then add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Put in bar pan and press down. Top with M&M’s. (I added my M&M’s in because my kids are notorious for just eating them and leaving the rest)
- Leave out 3-4 hours before cutting. This helps to let the flavors mix into the oats otherwise they are kind of dry.
- Cut and store in an airtight container. Good for several days, if they last that long!