~links are affiliate links and small commissions can be made at no expense to the buyer
Oh my gosh I came across a similar recipe while searching Pinterest and just wasn’t sure how we would like it but it had rave reviews so I thought I’d give it a try. OH MY GOSH I am so glad I did. It is seriously scrumptious! My husband said it was restaurant quality…which is such a compliment! What I like too is a recipe that can reach the whole family. I have some picky eaters and this recipe is easy because I just don’t put the sauce on the chops for a certain few of my kiddos. I have one of three children who is more adventurous and she’s a huge fan of this recipe.
The other thing I like about this recipe is it really doesn’t take that long. There are a million ingredients I have to prep. Basically its chopping up a shallot and mixing it with a few things. Searing meat and throwing it in the oven and stirring ingredients together. It’s really really easy. It’s also pretty fool proof, which is even better.
- 4 bone-on thick pork chops
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 tsp homemade seasoning (dried onion, garlic, and sea salt equally portioned)
- 1/2 tsp coarse pepper
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 containers of chicken stock concentrate
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp butter
- Begin by preheating oven to 400 degrees
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat oil in large skillet pan. Sear chops 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pork chops to a baking sheet. You only need to bake the pork chops for 6 minutes but they can go a little longer as you get everything else prepped.
- Time to make the shallot sauce. You are going to use those yummy bits in the pan for the flavoring of the sauce. On low-medium heat add shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add tomato paste, pepper, and season mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water and stock concentrate for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Lastly add butter and sour cream and mix together.
- Take pork chops out of the oven, plate them, and drizzle with sauce. oooh so yummy!
- I like to serve with roasted brussel sprouts and sliced apples.