My sister Katie is a vegetarian and has been for as long as I can remember. I was having her over and wanted to try a new recipe. Made her some black bean quinoa burgers and they were delicious. We couldn’t believe how good they turn out! She loved them and so did I. My non-vegetarian son even liked them. This is definitely a recipe I will put into my rotation. Yummy!
The beauty of this recipe is that you take all the ingredients. Chop them up, mix them, and form them into patties. I did find refrigerating them for about an hour helps to firm them up and makes easier to cook. You can even form the patties and freeze them. I use my Food Saver vacuum sealer to keep my burgers fresh in the freezer.
Start with cooking the quinoa as per instructions. Drain the black beans and chop them up. Mince onions, pimentos, and garlic. Add all ingredients together and mix. Form black bean quinoa burgers into patties.
- Cook quinoa per package instructions
- Drain black beans and chop
- Chop onions, garlic, and pimentos
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form burger patties
- Refrigerate at least an hour ahead of time to firm up patties. (You can also freeze for later)
- Heat some oil in a nonstick pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side
- I served with guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, onions. You could make different variations based on your preference.