Well I had four bananas that needed to be used so of course banana bread was needed to be made. I wanted to try a different recipe. I searched Pinterest for a recipe and then of course I manipulated the recipe just a bit to make it my own. I also used what I had in the house. I didn’t want to have to take a trip to the store.
Now with baked goods I always double recipes because if I’m going to do the work I might as well. My family definitely eats it all.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt (I didn’t have any greek yogurt so I used 2 small containers of strawberry yogurt, turned out amazing)
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- optional 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup mini M&Ms, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, or anything else you’d like to add
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two bread pans. This recipe makes two loaves of banana bread so you can have each loaf have a different optional add. I made one with blueberries and one with M&Ms.
- In a mixing bowl combine bananas, melted butter and sugar and mix until well combined. Add in eggs.
- Mix in yogurt and vanilla extract to wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry goods, flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Add flour mixture into wet mixture a cup at a time.
- Add in optional items. I split the batter into two pans and then added blueberries into one pan and mini M&Ms into the other. (My kids like chocolate chips in their banana bread but I didn’t have any. The M&M’s were really yummy I must admit)
- Bake bread for 1 hour.